Should I Get In Touch With A Car Accident Attorney?
When you are involved in a car accident in Las Vegas, you may be wondering if you need a car accident attorney to take care of your car insurance claim. Usually, it depends on what type of car accident you were in and the type of injuries. When you are in an accident, and you have injuries, it is best to talk to a lawyer about your claim. Especially if there is a severe permanent injury or if you have lost a lot of time from school, household duties or work. However, a minor car accident where no one is hurt can easily be taken care of by your insurer.
Here is a tip: If you are in a minor accident, you shouldn’t rule out the possibility of talking with a car accident lawyer. The consultations are free of charge, and the circumstances and facts surrounding car accidents are usually different. It is imperative to look at the severity of the car crash and use good judgment, but it is good to get legal advice if you are in doubt.
Bad Faith Accident Claim
Insurance companies must follow a contractual law that requires their policyholders to act in good faith and fairly. This means that insurance companies must hold their end of the bargain, and not trick their way out of an insurance settlement. The duty of faith that the insurance companies must follow is not specifically written in the contract. On the other hand, many states have initiated laws expressly identifying practices, which are considered unfair and are illegal claims practices by insurance companies.
Bad faith usually comes down to the insurance company making unfair and unreasonable interpretations of the insurance guidelines, to avoid paying on your claim and Las Vegas Car Accident Attorney – Rodney Okano Auto Accident Lawyer states that it can come in different forms:
• A delay in fixing Claims.
• An insufficient investigation by the adjuster.
• Denying the claim.
• Refusing to make a fair and reasonable settlement proposal.• Using fraudulent practices.
• Not making an attempt to discuss a claim settlement.
If you believe that a particular insurance company has treated you wrong, you should contact an accident attorney immediately. A respectable lawyer in your area can help you understand the bad faith laws in your state, and they will help you file a lawsuit to recover the damages that are owed to you.
When a Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Getting in contact with a car crash attorney who handles injuries from accidents can reassure you that no stone will get left unturned. Here are some important situations that attorneys can help you with:
• When you have chronic or permanent injuries.
• Someone died because of the accident.
• Lost time from work or scarring.
• The car accident happened in a construction area. Sometimes there are separate laws for accidents in a construction area.
• A police officer files an inaccurate report and puts you at fault.
• Important technical, medical or legal issues are included.
• Your liability insurance does not pay for the accident fully.
•If you have a condition that was worse because of the accident or another parties insurer are using it to minimize your settlement.
• You don’t have any insurance, or your company says you didn’t pay the premium.
• Your insurer includes a lawyer.
• You think the insurance company has acted in bad faith.
You can also get a consultation or advice for minor issues such as:
• Talking about your settlement offer and discussing a settlement claim.
• Going over the details of the accident and to figure out who was at fault and if there is anything you can recover.
• Explaining the coverage or terms of the policy.
• Looking over complex forms or paperwork.